Dawn's Giveaway Candy

Dawn's Giveaway Candy

Dawn's Giveaway Candy

Dawn's Giveaway Candy

Dawn's Giveaway Candy

Dawn's Giveaway Candy

About Me

My photo
Hi and welcome to my blog. I am totally a newbie to this blogging thing and I have to say very bad at it too! The more I try to fix the more I loose lol! It seems like everyone either has a blog or is getting started in blogging land :)I will stick at it and it will come right in the end!I moved from Dublin to Tipperary with my husband and youngest son in 2003.We have always wanted to get away from City life and enjoy country living. I will never regret the move we made we are very happy here. I got into cards a few years ago and I just love making them. Although ill-health is preventing me from spending the time I would like to spend crafting, I am still going to enjoy doing it as a hobby. I love looking at all the other blogs and enjoy seeing the different ideas crafters have. What I love about crafting is I have never seen the same card twice ... it is so individual and rewarding. Please enjoy my card and I will get this blogging master some day soon. Love to everyone out there xxx

Hubby & Me in San Fran

Hubby & Me in San Fran

Search

Me with Senator David Norris

Me with Senator David Norris
Presidential Candidate 2011
Copyright Card Power Designs. Powered by Blogger.

I Married My Best Friend

I Married My Best Friend

Renewing Our Vows

Renewing Our Vows

Tuesday, 10 July 2012

This is my first attempt at Iris Folding. I found it to be very relaxing sitting at the TV while choosing the colours. The hardest part was picking which colours to use and hoping that they will work when the design is finished. I know this card need some more embellishments ... but I wanted to post today, as I haven't posted anythinng in quiet a while now. I will get it finished over the next days ..... I hope you like it x

16 comments:

  1. Looking good so far Pauline! I have never tried iris folding, must give it a go sometime! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a card from a kit that I bought. I have since bought an Iris folding cd with 20 patterns, so I am hoping I will be able to manage them, some look quiet difficult to do. It is a very relaxing craft Jean and I enjoyed it very much. More to be added to this card though, it's a little bare :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great card Pauline, in my opinion it doesn't need anymore! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zoe .. really I thought it was too bare .. Maybe with a little sentiment it will look different x

      Delete
    2. Yes a sentiment would be good xx

      Delete
    3. Thanks Zoe .. it's so great to get advice for good crafters like yourself x

      Delete
  4. That's fabulous iris folding Pauline, the colours are wonderful. I did some iris folding Christmas cards a few years ago, it's fascinating to see the image appear.
    I'd love to see the card when it's finished x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank Andree ... I relaxed so much doing this. It is easy once you don't get the colours mixed up, as you are working from the back ... so you can't see what you are doing until you are finished as you know. I am looking forward to trying maybe a dancer .. something girly x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, I tried Iris folding once, and thought it fidly, might give it another go now I've seen yours.
    It doesn't need anything other than maybe a sentiment any embellishments would be too much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for commenting Mags. I am guessing the more detailed the pattern the more messy Iris Folding is to do! I was thinking about a few flowers under the watering can as it they were being watered ... but I may not do it now if it will be too much x

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh thats lovely, iv not ha a go at iris folding looks quite fiddly .x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Kay ... yes fiddly but it was very relaxing for me ... so much so that I would try other more deatiled patterns while watching TV at night. Not really one to do in the craft room during the day, as it takes up a lot of time. I like the idea of the night time take it easy with Iris folding kinda evening ... x

      Delete
  9. Great Blog Pauline, and I like the iris card, I have never done one it looks very complicated Hugs Dawn B xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Dawn, thank you so much for your kind words. This Iris card was easy to do ... a little fiddly but not difficult, just takes a lot more time that a normal card. Give it a go x

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's very therapeutic, great card Pauline and a great way to use up all the little scraps of paper that we save.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Trudi,
    Thank you so much for popping into my blog. It has been so long since I blogged I feel ashamed! I am in a lot of pain and find it difficult to keep up with everything, I would like to do! You are right this is very therapeutic and uses up bits and pieces that otherwise would go to waste. Hugs and thanks again Trudi xox

    ReplyDelete